A new market study published by Global Industry Analysts Inc. (GIA) reported that the global digital advertising and marketing market was estimated at $350 billion in 2020 and is projected to reach $786.2 billion by 2026.
Obviously, the world of SEO is constantly rising. And with more and more businesses trying to optimize their marketing strategy to lead the market, have you ever wondered how many in this massive amount are effectively converting leads?
In this edition, I will show you the best case studies of 5 brands optimizing their website and content for SEO (that ROI Digitally is learning a lot from them), which hopefully will inspire and guide you in improving yours, too.
#1: Gadget Flow
Gadget Flow is an original product discovery platform that emphasizes content relevancy to provide readers with the most pertinent material, ensuring optimal engagement on their site.
To achieve this objective, the aim was to prepare customers with exceptional, top-quality segments that cater to every subject matter and expertise level while also becoming their go-to resource (yes, if they search for a keyword and you’re at top 1, then you are their go-to). WordLift’s SEO tool supported developing a learning graph that served as the basis for an enterprise-wide content structure and improved overall SEO.
With a focus solely on relevant content, Gadget Flow experienced remarkable growth in organic traffic:
- Video content clicks increased by 185%
- News articles by 198%
- Reviews by 100%
And what is the lesson learned from this case? By supplying top-notch content to a targeted audience, businesses can achieve higher traffic, qualified leads, and improve search engine rankings.
Brian Dean’s Backlinko blog has become a reputable resource for individuals seeking to acquire in-depth knowledge about search engine optimization (SEO) techniques.
To sufficiently increase his site’s visibility in search engine rankings and attract more organic traffic, he implemented a novel strategy, dubbed “Skyscraper Technique 2.0,” which yielded a remarkable 652% surge in organic traffic within a week.
The underlying steps done by Dean to achieve this success are listed as follows:
- Conducted an analysis of the first-page search results for targeted keywords
- Determined user intent. Are they doing research only, or are they ready to hire an SEO agency?
- Planned an effective content marketing strategy. Remember to track, review and test to frequently improve your work.
- Optimized user experience (UX) signals on the website such as engagement rate, bounce rate, click-through-rate.
Moreover, to optimize UX, Backlinko implemented various tactics:
- Incorporating embedded videos for increasing visit duration
- Adding a table of contents to enhance organic click-through rate (CTR)
- Generating concise and informative content introductions
- Using subheaders – heading 2 (H2) and heading 3 (H3) to facilitate content segmentation.
- Featuring numerous examples within the content to break down the complicated terms.
By incorporating these measures, Dean successfully amplified Backlinko’s reach, grew its online authority, and boosted its organic traffic significantly.
#3: Gotch SEO
Nathan Gotch, the owner of Gotch SEO, believes that creating squeeze pages – content that urges readers to provide contact information – is essential for growing your email lists. The question is how to create a high-performing squeeze page.
Gotch elaborated on his innovative nine-step process for producing a surefire squeeze page conversion rate of 74.5%, comprising the following steps:
- Step 1: Provide valuable content for establishing rapport
- Step 2: Link the traffic to the squeeze page
- Step 3: Offer lead magnets (e-book, freebie, white paper, deals or offers)
- Step 4: Keep the page uncluttered and focused
- Step 5: Utilize benefit-oriented headlines
- Step 6: Minimize data collection fields
- Step 7: Provide explicit directions leading to the call-to-action (CTA)
- Step 8: Incorporate a clear CTA (which action do you want them to take?)
- Step 9: Demonstrate credibility through brand logos, disclaimers, and adherence to policies and regulations.
Slite, a Series A collaboration software platform that has raised over $15.4m, faces major competitors such as Notion, Coda, and Slab. After securing an $11m Series A investment, their challenge was to make SEO their scalable acquisition channel.
To analyze and audit the current setup and market, this business built a model to increase monthly signups through SEO, including:
- Modified the content strategy to build a scalable content system
- Performed on-page optimization using SEO best practices and techniques, like:
- Created a plan focusing on each page by understanding conversion rates by intent and competitiveness of each topic
- Built high-quality SaaS niche backlinks on the focused pages
- Ran high-impact A/B tests through Google Optimize
In just three months, their results included a doubling of signups, a tripling of visitors from non-branded SEO keywords (they didn’t use branded keywords on search engines but still found Slite), and an increase in the visit-to-sign-up conversion rate by up to 195% on some sections of the website. As a result of their solid SEO strategy for growth, the client successfully doubled product signups.
Freeyork is a platform that empowers users to share stories and artwork while also boosting visibility. Despite being a small publisher, it faces competition from larger players in the market. To overcome this challenge, Freeyork took a significant step forward by cutting down half of its editorial team and introducing AI-generated content.
The platform optimized its content organization and search engine capabilities, leading to an impressive increase of +18.47% in organic sessions and +12.13% growth of new users. As AI-generated content can sound inhuman and make users think that you are insincere, they had their editorial team edit the content with care and add valuable information to their articles.
In conclusion, these five case studies demonstrate the power of SEO and content marketing. By creating high-quality content optimized for search engines and promoting it through various channels, you can attract more traffic, increase conversions, and ultimately, grow your business.
Whether you’re a B2B or B2C company, there are valuable lessons to be learned from these companies’ SEO successes. I hope by incorporating some of these strategies into your marketing plan, you can also achieve higher search engine rankings and reap the rewards of increased visibility and revenue!