At the end of 2022, Cisco reports that 82% of online traffic comes from video content. Eye-catching visuals, videos, infographics, or presentations, utilizing visuals in your content strategy can help you get noticed, engage with readers, and deliver valuable information quicker and more sufficiently.
Visuals can amplify your message significantly more than a long block of text ever could, but you have to apply some tactics to maximize its impact. And I hope my article here will show you how.
How does visibility benefit your content marketing?
Undoubtedly, vision will make your overall content marketing attractive and enhance its readability. But that’s not all. These are the best benefits of visual content:
- Audience Engagement: The audience tends to process content delivered with visuals 60,000 times faster than text. That’s how heavy-visual and brand-driven platforms like Pinterest and Instagram impressed users.
- Quicker Message Delivery: Content attached through visuals will deliver messages more sufficiently than wordy texts. For instance, reels or short videos have become an increasingly popular strategy to showcase products or services.
- Brand Recognition: Most brands have their own identity with unique font, color, and logo attached to their visuals. In the long term, a strong visual identity can help you to stand out and be recognizable by the audience.
- Attractive Performance: The more attractive the visual, the higher chance to reduce bounce rates and increase time spent on your site. In fact, the search engine prioritizes website that vigorously implements visual content.
4 ways of using visual content to grow your channels
It is not hard to find a brand using visual content as a primary approach to engage with the audience and deliver a brand message. Social media platforms like Titkok, Instagram, and Pinterest are the best examples.
With that being said, here are 5 ways these brands use visual content to grow.
4.1. Use high-quality images on your website and social media pages
Obviously, images or videos with HD quality are always more attractive than broken ones.
These visuals can be product photos, lifestyle images, and even graphics that showcase the benefits of your product or service. High-quality visuals make your brand look more professional and trustworthy, which enhances customer loyalty.
Here are some information and facts to obtain HD-quality images for your channels:
- Dimensions: 1280 x 720 pixels
– Instagram: 1080 x 1080 px
– Facebook: 1200 x 630 px
– Twitter: 1600 x 900 px
- JPEG is the most commonly used format for social media, websites, and online platforms.
4.2. Utilize short videos or reels as posting formats
Another effective visual content strategy is to create videos that showcase your products or services. This could be a product demo, a tutorial, or even customer testimonials.
Videos can be shared on your website and social media channels, and they can help potential customers get a better sense of what your business is all about.
And as Instagram Reels, Facebook Reels, Youtube Shorts, and the pioneer Tiktok videos grow to become leading social media platforms, we can see that utilizing this format to deliver quick messages is considered the most effective approach to satisfy our short attention span and demand for quick information.
4.3. Use infographics to share statistics or informational facts
Infographics are a great way to share relevant data and statistics with your business.
Its easy-to-read visibility can simplify complex information for users to quickly observe and acknowledge the fact in the least complicated way.
Infographics mainly come in 2 sizes:
- Vertical: 600 px wide by 1100 px high
- Horizontal: 1200 px wide by 900 px high
Consider creating infographics that showcase industrial trends, customer demographics, or even the benefits of your product or service.
4.4. Incorporate visual content in your blog post
Do you want to read a long blog post with only words and no visual examples for you to imagine what the context describes? I bet the answer is a big NO.
Therefore, if you’re already creating blog posts for your website, consider incorporating visual content into those posts. It is suggested that we should include one image after every 150-300 words.
Doing so will make your post looks less wordy but more engaging and have breaks for readers not to be overwhelmed.
Visual content is a powerful tool to help you grow your business and reach a wider audience. By using high-quality images, creating videos, using infographics, or incorporating visual content into your blog posts, you can make a more engaging and shareable brand.